SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall Management for SAP (On premise and Cloud) Solutions Implementation Projects throughout its lifecycle. The Project Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Project Manager also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Project Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Discovery & Evaluation, Initiating to Closing…)
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyse risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate early issues about the project to account management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Participate in the Deal Qualification Board representing the MU Delivery Execution Head.
- Define proper level of own engagement aligned with Solutioning Center model of engagement (the right participation in each proposal).
- Proactively monitor each Bid Process for proper execution.
- Perform SOW, Proposal and Contract detalied review: Should read all documents before Bid council.
- Ensure PS PE combined proposal is built, if applicable.
- Perform Delivery Execution review (PS, PE): overall proposal consistency, project and go live strategy, Project Management effort, governance structure, contract model (FPP vs T&M), delivery methodology and tools (SAP Activate, Solman 7.2, Q gates, etc.).
- Ensure the right Solution Architects (GCD, COE, IBU, regional, Global when needed) participation and accountability is in place. Solutioning continues to be responsible for Solution Architects coordination.
- Ensure the right DBS Project/Program Manager and EA participation and accountability is in place. Solutioning continues to be responsible for DBS Project/Program Manager and EA coordination.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Perform Project Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyse lessons learned and share with the organisation’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Services portfolio catalog knowledge: best practices, model company, industry solutions, LOB solutions, Value packages, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Required university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent.
- Master’s degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA an asset
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications or PMM methodology Certification
- ASAP / SAP Activate / Agile Methodolgy experience
- 5 – 7 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables.
- Availability to travel: average in a month 25%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected] , APJ: [email protected] , EMEA: [email protected] ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.