Requisition ID: 156559
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
The organization: GCO Operations focuses on the successful creation, deployment, and execution of sales supporting processes, tools, and services, across all Global Customer Organization (GCO) business areas (incl. License, Renewal, Services, and Education Sales) and in close alignment with related lines of business (incl. HR, Data Management, Enterprise Analytics and Finance).
The function: Operations Business Services teams focus on delivering tactical execution services. Delivery should occur in standard, scalable, and automated ways with the ambition to raise sales productivity.
The team: The focus for this Specialist role relates directly to the mission of the Sales Technology & Support team, which develops high quality sales tools and applications to accelerate sales performance and increase transparency. Today, the team is harmonizing the 30 sales applications and dashboards, while driving adoption of standards. The Support pillar of this team is therefore a critical factor of success towards greater productivity and future technology simplification.
The support teams consist of two core functions: Level 1 as core entry point for basic inquiries and triage, and Level 2 for complex technical and business queries that require hands-on support.
The role: As a L1 Technology Support Specialist, you execute transactional activities related to field inquiries around our internal sales technology. Furthermore, you may engage in centralized reporting and analysis, knowledge management activities, and maintenance of relevant documentation (end-user or support). You will build your process, technology and business knowledge to embrace and promote the topics you support. You are expected to deliver with quality and respond professionally to external and internal customer requests. In this supporting function, you work out of an automated ticketing system, but will be required to understand your network and build relevant relationships with team members and colleagues across supporting functions in SAP.
General tasks include:
- Manage end-user inquiries: Engage with end-users/requestors in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner to assess their problem. Qualify the urgency and nature/root cause of their error to take one of the following actions
- Resolve the issue: build your knowledge and/or research relevant documentation to resolve level 1 inquiries which are defined as: authorization requests, security issues, app installation or configuration challenges, system pre-requisite checks, general navigation queries, information access, basic system administration, general process and tool logic
- Promote: understand the business context in order to proactively promote the next step in the process, the best technology, or the right action to proceed with – therefore driving adoption of technology while providing support to the business that can benefit all the way to our end-customer
- Quality & dispatch the ticket: understand internal and automated workflows to correctly assign or triage tickets that need further expert involvement. Clearly formulate and summarize any steps taken or input collected in order to accelerate L2 Support engagement and facilitate the end-user engagement
- Follow-up on any dispatched tickets that are remain sitting in the queue for too long. Maintain back-end entries, reopen and/or close the ticket in the system for accurate reporting.
- Coordinate multi-channel support: Tickets/inquiries are generally submitted directly via the automated SSF ticketing system. Leverage this system to prioritize, assess, submit, complete, dispatch, or close inquiries. Related end-user channels may also include chat or phone, in which case you need to create the ticket on behalf of the end-user.
- Stakeholder/End-user Communication: Respond to internal (or external) stakeholders and manage expectations in a professional and supportive manner. Communicate efficiently in a virtual - often workflow or email-oriented - set-up towards joint success. Share positive experiences and build on learnings.
- Supporting/ad hoc tasks: Contribute to team projects that enable the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the L1 support team. Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and enhancing support- or end-user documentation
- Testing or detecting SSF infrastructure and automation or team internal process enhancements
- Onboarding new team members
- Acting as point of contact during app testing or deployment
- Preparing or delivering virtual (end-user or support internal) enablement
- Champion system use/automation: Enable end-users to leverage systems or applications, be self-efficient, and access the right support channels. Execute on their behalf where relevant, support migrations, and anticipate escalations, by informing management. Collect reoccurring issues, report on frequent errors, and recommend solutions as needed.
- Ensure data stewardship including data creation, data enhancements, or maintenance. Maintain tools or systems for tracking, processing, or reporting. Stay compliant.
- Serve as vacation/illness back-up – Level 1 team members may be required to work shift times during weekend on quarter ends. They can also be asked to step into Level 2 positions upon long-term illness or shortfalls in specific regions if they have acquired the necessary skills.
Success: for this role is defined by
- Quality of service – measured through end-user pulse check surveys in SSF
- Efficiency – volume of ticket resolved in a suitable time (L1 SLA varies between 1-2 hours initial response time)
- Team success & one team mentality
Competencies, Skills, and Requirements
Beneficial competencies & skills:
- Customer-service attitude: polite, helpful, quality-oriented and inquisitive
- Comfortable in working on repetitive (technical) tasks, with workflows or ticketing systems
- Analytical skills: asks the right questions to identify the best solution path
- Multi-tasking/ prioritization skills
- Good communication skills
- Works well in virtual environments; knows how to build their network
- All regions: fluent in written spoken English;
- Americas - Spanish is a benefit; Asia – Chinese/Japanese are of benefit; Europe – German is of benefit
Education & Job Experience:
- Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
- Career: 3 year experience in supporting, cloud business, or operations roles
- Experiences with CRM or other sales technology can be a benefit
- Limited – max. 2 times per year for team trainings
Why join be a Technology Support Specialist?
This role is ideal for candidates interested in exploring some technical skills while at the same time experiencing the business pressures of a fast-pace, high-demanding sales organization. The combination of technical and business know-how can be a benefit in various future career paths – within or outside SAP. Candidates will also grow their customer engagement, virtual team collaboration, and communication skills.
This role can also be a good fit for candidates who work well on transactional tasks, enjoy multi-tasking and customer/end-user engagement and feel comfortable in a supporting role and service.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected] , APJ: [email protected] , EMEA: [email protected] ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.