SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Legal Compliance & Integrity Office (LCIO) is a part of the Global Finance & Administration Board area, and reports to both SAP SE’s Global CFO and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board. Our mission is to advance SAP’s business goals by promoting a culture of integrity, and by mitigating a defined set of legal risks. The LCIO is responsible for various SAP compliance initiatives, including oversight and support of the SAP Code of Business Conduct, employee compliance training and communications, and the global governance document framework. We also monitor and enforce compliance. Our focus includes compliance with the FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), UK Bribery Act, and other global anti-corruption and bribery laws, plus anti-competition compliance (in tandem with field legal).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Technology Solutions Compliance Officer will predominantly be focused on tasks related to supporting and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the LCIO’s operations. Project management experience is of paramount importance as the successful candidate will help drive automation and standardization of compliance tools, processes, and documentation. The successful candidate will also lead automation of LCIO relevant processes, with a focus on simplicity for our interaction with SAP employees and our third-party partners.
The Technology Solutions team in LCIO will expose the Compliance Officer to the different components of SAP’s compliance management system, from our primary focus on guidance and support activities to prevent compliance concerns from arising, all the way through to the less than desirable, but critical need of responding to alleged violations.
His or her key responsibilities will be:
- Leading and supporting compliance automation and efficiency projects
- Support current LCIO tools and systems and related operational deadline enforcement with the LCIO team
- Supporting and delivering compliance communications and trainings, both within the LCIO, and to SAP employees at large
- Supporting LCIO-involved processes, such as sponsorships, donations and memberships, by coordinating with stakeholders, managing changes to the processes and delivering training
- Conduct annual global compliance risk assessment
- Designing and managing knowledge management repositories within the LCIO team
- Support compliance queries and coordinate responses with the balance of the LCIO team members
- Working independently and in teams on topics, while setting priorities, having sole and joint responsibility
- Providing regular project status and updates
- Leading potential efficiencies for SAP’s global investigations’ processes
- Monitor changes to legal and regulatory guidelines applicable to the company, as well as internal policy and process changes, and proactively develop solutions
He or she will work on process changes and liaise with multiple areas across all Board areas to align compliance Policies. The position reports to the Head of LCIO Technology Solutions and Partner Organizations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Fluent business English
- Bachelor Degree in business, finance or equivalent work experience
- Accredited accountant, auditor, lawyer, or other compliance professional highly desirable
- Hands-on with extreme attention to detail and written documentation
- Ability to do in-depth research and to interpret written guidelines and documents
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior leadership in dynamic environments
- Demonstrated ability to work with international, virtual teams with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, especially legal or audit experience in a compliance, organization governance, risk management or audit type role
- Project Management and operational oversight experience are both required
- Experience designing and/or documenting business processes and analyzing related gaps
- Experience in the areas of managing corporate programs to mitigate bribery and corruption risk will be given preference
- SAP experience or work experience with companies in the software/technology sector is highly desirable
- Exposure to indirect sales model oversight and review is desirable
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected] , APJ: [email protected] , EMEA: [email protected]com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.