SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES
The primary purpose of this role is to manage medium up to large scale projects throughout their lifecycle. The Project Manager is responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives. The Project Manager provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. They also ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
The Project Manager has ability to manage projects that require coordination of work between various parties, internal to SAP and sub-contractors.
The Project Manager may be asked to assist during the Opportunity Management Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal or completing specific proposal deliverables - especially in the area of delivery model, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
EXPECTATIONS & TASKS
Sales Support and Opportunity Management
- Define appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site delivery, Global Delivery, Custom Development as needed to deliver on customer success;
- Scope and estimate the engagement;
- Determine required resources for the project;
- Understand and be able to deliver according to the SAP delivery models – e.g. ability to engage local, near-shore and off-shore teams for most efficient delivery of project, ability to coordinate project delivery across organizational boundaries including participation of SAP ecosystem partners:
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement.
- Manage the revenue and cost budget of the project maintaining the forecasted margin
- Anticipate any deviation of the budget and transfer the costs to the customer via a Change Request if applicable
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan;
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables;
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members;
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures;
- Ensure proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives;
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value;
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline;
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance;
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action;
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management or delivery management;
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained;
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story;
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community;
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- University degree, preferably in Management, Information Technologies or Engineering (MBA is an asset);
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications;
- Understanding of SAP and SAP Ariba solutions and of the consulting business processes & functions;
- Highly developed business acumen;
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests;
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets;
- Innovative thinking;
- 7 years of project management experience in medium up to large scale projects;
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology;
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements;
- High level of English.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected] , APJ: [email protected] , EMEA: [email protected] ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.