SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objectives
As the leading technology company for digital businesses, SAP serves nearly 300,000 customers in 190 countries. 80 million users make SAP the largest enterprise cloud company in the world, along with business networks that transact nearly $1 trillion annually. The Global Finance Shared Services organization (GFSS) is a business unit with 1,200 employees delivering end-to-end finance operations from a set of vibrant and multicultural locations around the globe:Buenos Aires, Dublin, Manila, Prague and Singapore.
Our highly engaged teams specialize in Order to Invoice, Cash Collections, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense and Record to Report. Additionally, at GFSS, you will find:a highly skilled workforce collaborating across the globe on common topics, engaged colleagues creating value by simplifying and optimizing operations and one motivated global team working together towards shared goals.
Also, at GFSS, you will find: exciting career opportunities, a diverse work environment providing opportunities to grow, development & learning opportunities and an international business network for you learn and grow from. Within GFSS, SAP employees have an opportunity to handle end-to-end high-quality finance services to SAP customers throughout the Globe.
Expectations and Tasks
As Finance Operations Associate in GFSS R2R , you will be able to build your accounting profession as you support the daily operations of the process and apply your accounting knowledge in practice constantly. At the same time this role offers many development opportunities on other skills and competencies that will help you shape your future career path.
Act as the primary and backup support role for 1 or more countries, mainly in the area of Revenue Accounting, Expense Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, HR & Compensation Accounting, Cash & Bank Accounting and Cost Accounting. You are taking care of the following tasks in particular:
- Process incoming journal posting requests and ensure accuracy when processing the requests.
- Support cash application processes (e.g. allocation of incoming receipts, clearing of incoming and outgoing bank accounts).
- Perform general accounting tasks related to monthly, quarterly and year-end closing (period end procedures) such as Deferred Charges preparation and posting, Revenue Recognition, SOX controls etc.
- Provide reconciliation of reports and accounts, which includes Intercompany Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, and Balance Sheet account reviews etc.
- Perform Cost Accounting tasks, such as cost allocations and charging.
- Support countries for SOX audit, statistical reporting, Tax audit and external/internal audit reviews when required.
- Participate and support in projects, such as continuous improvements & standardization activities, process migrations or System Testing’s with Developers.
- Adhere to service level standards and work towards development of a service culture of ‘Excellence’.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Additional language competency would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and SAP system knowledge preferred
- Aptitude for repetitive transactional system tasks and ability to work in a dynamic / virtual environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Self-motivated and able to work under time pressure with accuracy and commitment
Education / Work Experience
- Student of Accounting or Business
Why is SAP a great place to work?
- Development: We believe every employee is a talent and we want to reach your full potential.
- Diversity: We have a diverse and inclusive culture that is critical to making SAP both a great place to work and a successful company.
- Balance and Rewards: SAP empowers you to have a work/life balance that enables you to perform at your best.
- Innovation: We anticipate and explore emerging technology trends and value your creativity. Be part of System Innovations & Testing’s in order to make our products better for our customers.
- Sustainability and CSR: Our vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected] , APJ: [email protected] , EMEA: [email protected] ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.